- Children have the right to protection, opportunity, hope, relationships and community.
- Children have the right to emotional and physical safety.
- Parents and families hold the responsibility for the health and well being of their children.
- Children need the best environment in which to grow. This can be provided through breastfeeding, healthy attachment, responsive care, and protection from harm.
- Parents and community resources are critical to success.
- Individuals, families, and communities each bring strengths and resources.
- Trusting relationships with parents create opportunities for change and growth.